Carolina Young Birders Club

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Duck Hunting

Christopher

When i was searching for the Snowy owl in the outer Banks I saw an enourmous number of ducks specificly pintails and teals, would anyone be interested in a duck hunt next Duck season? IK some pretty goodplaces within the intercoastal waterwya where we could get our hands on some meat:D!!!  the purchase of a mandatory Duck stamp helps improve and maintain waterfowl habitat for years to come.

If anyone is interested in a Duck Hunt next fall/winter contact me at           chrisjanson.fsu.snake@gmail.com

Success through conservation and hunting,

The OBX has AMAZING public land hunting!!!!!

March 24, 2014 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt
Site Owner

Well it's possible, as far as I know most current members are birders before hunters but maybe there is some interest :)

--

Matthew Janson

Charlotte, NC

President, Carolina Young Birders Club

March 24, 2014 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Martina

Well, I don't hunt (my mom is opposed to it, but I don't mind hunting as long as you don't poach!) I've never had duck though,  I'd be willing to try.

March 26, 2014 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt
Site Owner

I suppose they taste good.  Especially canvasbacks, teal, and mallard.

--

Matthew Janson

Charlotte, NC

March 26, 2014 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Christopher

Canvasback Seems a little sketchy, but ik wood duck, mallard, teal and pintail are all worth a try as far as meat goes. 

Martina- Duck taste like pork+chicken, its super rich and is good in a soup or on some sort of bread

March 26, 2014 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

evan

If this trip does happen i would probaly go to bird watch and not hunt. I would never kill a bird unless i had to for survival. (besides Chicken i eat chicken)

--

Evan Wunder

March 26, 2014 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

evan at March 26, 2014 at 9:43 PM

If this trip does happen i would probaly go to bird watch and not hunt. I would never kill a bird unless i had to for survival. (besides Chicken i eat chicken)

the only problem trying to bird watch while hunting is 1st you only see the bird for a second then we cut 'em 2nd To properly duck hunt we use calls and decoys so maybe it wouldnt be legit  for your lifelist 3rd ducks are quite sensitive so you need to be in the blind wearing light browns or preferably any duck hunting pattern on the market this might make it harder to be able to stand up and look around with binoculars for birds

--

Jeff Janson

Catch fish or die trying

May 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

evan

Could  just stand outside the blind while you hunt so I can bird watch. I won't be distracting. I will scream DUCK when i see them. I will probally where bright orange.:D

--

Evan Wunder

May 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt
Site Owner

Interesting points brought up by both of you. Birding on one half of Mattamuskeet, Hunting on the other half of Mattamuskeet.  

:)

--

Matthew Janson

Charlotte, NC

May 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.